This Privacy Statement explains how DKND Law Firm collects, uses, shares, and otherwise processes Personal Data (defined below) about the following individuals:
● Persons who visit our website, mobile applications, and other online services (each a “Site”).
● Contact persons of our clients and/or potential clients.
● Persons applying or contacting for a job.
● Suppliers that provide goods and services to DKND Law Firm and
● Other persons about whom DKND Law Firm has obtained Personal Data.
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person processed by DKND Law Firm as a data controller.
DKND Law Firm acts as a data controller in limited cases in terms of recruitment processes, legal services provided in the absence of direct client intervention, physical and electronic media security, and the information texts it sends.
In this context, the information contained in this Privacy Statement will be valid to the extent that we, as DKND Law Firm, process your Personal Data as data controller. The data processing activities we carry out as a data processor in line with the instructions and/or requests of our clients are outside the scope of this Privacy Statement. Necessary notifications regarding these activities are made by our relevant clients acting as data controllers.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following Personal Data through automated methods such as our servers and electronic devices and non-automatic methods such as our document archives, but which are part of a data recording system:
Identity and contact data (Basic data): Name, phone number, postal address, e-mail address and contact information.
Special quality personal data: Information that can be defined as sensitive personal data within the scope of the current legislation, provided that it is provided only by you, to the extent necessary for a certain service we provide to you or to fulfill our legal obligations, in limited circumstances (e.g. association membership).
Registration data: Newsletter requests, event, conference, webinar and seminar registrations.
Client service data: Personal Data, invoice details, payment history and client feedback obtained from clients in relation to their clients, employees or persons known to the client.
Information data: Information on individual participation in events, conferences, webinars, and seminars.
Compliance data: ID, passports, or other identification documents you provide to us, dates of birth.
Data on job candidates: Data regarding job candidates or job opportunities provided on our Site or other offline means, which may be subject to separate notice.
Device data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, single device identifier (UDID), other data connected to a device and other data about the use of the Site.
We may collect your Personal Data directly from you, our clients, suppliers, government agencies and a variety of sources, including publicly available sources.
Use of Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data for the purposes listed below, based on relevant legal reasons:
● We use basic data, registration data, client service data and device data to provide legal advice. The said data is necessary for us to fulfill our obligations under our contracts with our clients and if it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, the processing of personal data belonging to the parties to the contract is necessary, if data processing is mandatory for our legitimate interests and is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract. and it is processed because it has been made public by the person concerned.
● We use basic data, registration data, client service data, compliance data, and device data to run our business activities and manage our client relationships. Such data is mandatory for our legitimate interests, provided that we can fulfill our obligations under our contracts with our clients (for example, issuing and processing invoices) and suppliers (managing the supply of goods and services to DKND Law Firm), and provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, Provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract, it is processed because it is necessary to process the personal data of the parties to the contract and it has been made public by the person concerned.
● We use device data to make our sites more useful. In cases where data processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, if it does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms, we monitor how our Site is used to help us improve the order and information on our Site and to provide a better service to our Site users.
● We use basic data, registration data, transaction data and device data to ensure the security and efficient operation of our sites and information technology systems. We monitor how our Sites are used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes, and abuse on our Sites, where data processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, if it is necessary to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms. Through this processing activity, we ensure that you can use our Sites safely.
● In order to provide information services; We use basic data and registration data to keep you informed about our events, conferences, webinars, seminars, law bulletins and legal developments. If necessary, we process this data to provide you with special and relevant information, updates, and invitations, based on your express consent or where data processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, provided that it does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms.
● To ensure compliance and fulfill our legal obligations, we use basic data, registration data, transaction data and device data for purposes such as checking the identities of new clients and preventing money laundering and/or fraud. We process the data when it is necessary to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject, where it is necessary to process the data for our legitimate interests, if it is expressly stipulated by the law and does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms.
● We use candidate data and compliance data to provide recruitment and service provider management and to manage development processes. The said data is processed to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject, with the management of recruitment and development processes. For these purposes, if the data in question has been made public by the data subject, it is processed in cases where data processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, if we fulfill the legal obligations to which we are subject and do not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Sharing Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
● Business Partners: DKND Law Firm can work in cooperation with law offices and business partners operating around the world. To provide you with the best consultancy services and to manage our relationship with you, or to the extent necessary for the purposes described above, we may share Personal Data with our business partners abroad, if you have a request or express consent to this effect.
● Suppliers and service providers: We share Personal Data with suppliers and service providers to ensure that the suppliers and service providers from which we receive services operate on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions for the fulfillment of the above-mentioned purposes. Among the suppliers and service providers we receive service from; infrastructure and electronic communications service providers, including, for example, service providers for our client acquisition system, financial systems, and client relationship management databases; There are third party consultants who support us with business analytics and information activities, and the providers of the venues where we host conferences and events.
Such persons are obliged to provide an appropriate level of security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data only on our behalf, under the terms of the contract we have signed.
● Financial institutions: We share Personal Data with accountants and financial institutions for billing and payment processing purposes.
● Recipient companies: If DKND Law Firm is subject to any merger, acquisition, transfer of assets, transfer of services to another provider, or is subject to insolvency, bankruptcy or liquidation processes, the Personal Data of any recipient to the extent permitted by the relevant legislation. We can share it with the company or potential buyer.
Mandatory disclosures and legal claims: We share Personal Data to comply with regulatory or public authorities’ requests or any legally enforceable request or any subpoena, court order or other legal request. In addition, we share Personal Data to ensure or protect our legal rights, property rights and safety or the interests of DKND Law Firm or other persons, or the rights, property rights and safety of others, or to defend against legal claims. We may share Personal Data with government officials and other individuals when needed in connection with the sale or transfer of part or all the business, or as required by applicable legal or administrative requirements or a court order. In addition, the servers we use for electronic correspondence are located abroad. In cases where you reach us via the website or directly via e-mail and provide personal data, you transmit your personal data abroad. If you do not prefer to reach us via the website or by e-mail, it is possible to reach us from our office phone.
If you have a question about the persons with whom we share Personal Data, please contact us as outlined below.
In cases where we process your Personal Data for the purpose of sending you informational messages, you have the right to control the processing activity in question. You can choose not to receive such messages at any time by contacting us at the e-mail address in the message, or by contacting us as stated below.
Related Person Rights
Regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you have the following rights in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698:
(a) learning whether any of your personal data has been processed.
(b) request information regarding the processing activities of your personal data.
(c) learn the purposes of processing your personal data and whether they are used in accordance with the purpose.
(ç) to learn about third parties in case personal data has been transferred to third parties in the country or abroad.
(d) request correction of personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed.
(e) request the deletion or destruction of personal data if the reasons for the processing cease to exist.
(f) request that the correction, deletion, or destruction be notified to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred.
(g) objecting to adverse results that may arise because of processing personal data through automated systems; and
(ğ) to request compensation in case you suffer damage due to unlawful processing of your personal data.
(i) Does this Privacy Statement apply to other websites? The privacy practices specified in this Privacy Statement apply only to our website. This website may contain links to other sites. DKND Law Firm does not bear any responsibility for the privacy practices or contents of other sites. If you are connecting to or visiting another site in any way, please review the privacy policies of that site.
(ii) Changes to the Privacy Statement DKND Law Firm reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. Review the Privacy Statement frequently, especially before providing personal data on the website. Any changes made in the Privacy Statement will be announced in a way that you can access via a link from the main page of the website. We also indicate the effective date of the Privacy Statement at the end of this page.